Friday, July 16, 2010

Alive

Yes. We are still alive. Alive and feeling great! What a year this has been and look how much has changed. As I take a minute to think about all of the things that my little family and I have gone through these past months, I am taken aback with a sense of pride and a deep sense of calm. Alive. That says it all.

Here we are and we are here because of the tender guidance from a kind and loving Heavenly Father. I felt His hand leading me and lifting me up through things I could not have possibly done alone. He has surrounded me with an amazing support system of friends, neighbors, and loved ones. They are the safety net that has so often caught me on my way down, lifted me up and gently set me back upright. He has opened windows for me when doors were slammed in my face. He has performed miracles on the behalf of my children in many ways, but especially through the amazing people who have crossed their paths this year in Oak City. His love has brought back to life my emaciated heart and put our little family back together in ways I cannot fully describe in words. I am profoundly grateful.

The miracle, to me looking back, is the lessons that I have learned. Lessons that seemed absolutely unlearnable or incomprehensible. But therein lies the key. Learning is the most concentrated in times of absolute stress, indescribable grief and life-altering loss. And many times we learn from these situations in unexpected and surprising ways. I could list so many times this has happened to me during the past 5 years. But I won't write a book. I will just state without a doubt that these happenings are "tender mercies" from a kind and loving Heavenly Father. I have asked myself so many times "Why me?" "Why is this my life?" "Why was this my lesson?" I still don't have the answer to those questions. But I do know that because of these past few years I am a stronger person. I have more compassion for others and I have an "understanding" that I could not have had before or without my life experiences. And so for that I will be eternally grateful. And those are words I could not have said a year ago.

This is my beautiful family. My treasure.....


-Seacrest Out.

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are beautiful, your kids have grown up so much since I saw them last! Where are these pictures taken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A small version of a salt flat out in the middle of nowhere! I was actually hoping for the real salt flats up north..but I'll take what I can get!! Thanks Britt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Barbara! Those family pictures are beautiful!! I'm glad you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures Barbara, I love them. You guys are so photogenic.

    ReplyDelete