Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Time Out For Women 2012

I had an amazing opportunity to go to the Time Out For Women conference this weekend in Richfield, Utah! It was the most wonderful and inspiring thing I have done in a long time. How grateful I feel to have had the opportunity to hear the testimonies of some of the most remarkable women in the world.

I feel like my testimony has been strengthened and that I have been uplifted as a person. I hope that I can somehow be able to hang on to the things that I learned and the feelings I felt. I hope that I can use these things to become a better wife and mother. And I hope I can make going to TOFW a yearly tradition with people I love.

On the funny side, I loved getting to know Jessica and Lauren, eating monstrously large burritos, staying up until 1:00 a.m. talking about night noises and other hilarious things (that shall not be mentioned heretofore), and scraping the "burnt" off of sandwiches. (even if they did have a sinister and secretive plan to take an ugly picture of me for some other chicks from Nephi; with whom I will have revenge upon in the VERY near future!! ;-))

I also ran into one of my most favorite and loved people in the world: my sister Darla Wilson!  She was there with all of her cute sisters! It only took us about 2 minutes of talking to start crying! I love her!

Coming away from this weekend, I am grateful for new friends, a stronger testimony, and to quote speaker Mariama Kallon : "I am grateful for bossoms!" And all of this, in spite of the fact,  I am probably, according to speaker DeAnne Flynn, a "Window Licker"! :-)







1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about everything you said! It was incredible and we want to make it a yearly tradition as well. We should go together, since you are a sister! I love the desire to be better! It was so nice to see you my friend. I love and miss you so.

    ReplyDelete