Monday, December 27, 2010

From Baby to Beauty...

































On December 22, 1998, I got to see my beautiful little girl Savannah Noelle for the first time. While in the hospital in labor I remember being so terrified about what was going to happen that day because of Ashton's extremely traumatizing birth. Brandon and Matt gave me a blessing that morning and I remember feeling so much better. They had started my labor that morning because they didn't want the baby to be as big as Ashton was...this was a week before my due date. Brandon and I were so excited for our little Christmas baby and so excited for our first little girl. I remember suddenly feeling pressure (in spite of having a very effective epidural) and wanting to push. I told the nurse and she told me that there was no way I was ready and that she had just checked me twenty minutes ago and that I still had a long way to go. I told her to check again! She begrudgingly did and to her surprise it was definitely time to push. She called the doctor and much to my chagrin I was told "Do not push! The Doctor is in the check-out line at K-Mart and you need to wait for him because you already paid him to deliver this baby." I was mad! I wanted to push! I wanted to see my baby girl. The nurse stayed with me and checked me the whole time. I could see her getting nervous and realizing that if the Doctor didn't get there soon...I was going to have the baby anyway. I could already feel her head. The Doctor rushed in put on his gloves.. I pushed twice and she was born.!!

She was beautiful. She had the softest rosy skin and wispy dark blond hair and she smelled so so good. They put her up on top of me while they cleaned her off and she stopped breathing..I could see her trying so hard to take a breath and I almost passed out with fear. Her little lips turned blue and it seemed like I was the only one in the room in a state of severe panic. FINALLY she took a big breathe in and screamed. It was the best sound I had ever heard. Brandon and I both cried. She was and is such a little miracle.

I remember bringing her home and putting her little car seat with her in it under the Christmas tree and taking a picture. The best little Christmas gift ever.

That first night was cute. Ashton snuck into our room in the middle of the night and laid down on the floor next to Brandon's side of the bed. Brandon got up in the middle of the night and almost stepped on him. Ashton asked him if he still loved him too...now that we had a new baby. It was so cute but heart-braking too. Ashton and Savannah soon became best friends. I remember her and Ashton playing when she was about 8 months old. He would pick her up and put her into his over-sized Tonka dump truck and push her around the house. She would just sit there and laugh and have the best time. And Ashton was always so careful and took the best care of her.

Savannah was a good baby and that hasn't changed. She is truly a good person and sweet in every way. When she was a little girl she loved to play dress up and wear make-up. She had the whitest-blond hair and every morning she would come in and wake Brandon and I up and her hair would be in the craziest mess I had ever seen. The sun would shine through that crazy mess of blond hair and because of that and her sweet and happy personality we started calling her Savannah Sunshine.

I am so grateful for her and the beautiful young woman she has become. She is my biggest helper and is so considerate of my feelings in hard situations. She is absolutely talented in everything she does and I don't say that lightly. She is amazing at everything she does and everything she touches turns to gold. She learns so fast and is a straight A student. I look forward to watching her grow up and seeing what she accomplishes in life. She is going to go so far.

Savannah...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! YOU are amazing and I love you with all of my heart.

With love,

Mom



-Seacrest Out

No comments:

Post a Comment